Tuesday 27 May 2014

leaving the cajon!!

A ranger approached to me last night when I was setting the tent. He explained me that the area has sprinklers, so I should move the tent. Id didn't believe him as I slept there the last two nights.  I just moved the tent few meters....In the middle of the night I woke up with the noise of the sprinklers. Fuck, he was right. I start panicking.  I put the head out and realized that all around me is full of water but locally where I set the tent is drier spot that the sprinklers don't reach.

I went to the road to get a hitch to cajon. I put my thumb up at the first car without even look at and stop. shit!! it's a taxi.  I ask for apologies but the taxi driver says, no worries, he is going in that direction. Typical black taxi driver from the movies...quite funny.

Lunch in McDonald. Meet some hikers, and in the afternoon after four days of recovery back in the trail!!!

The trail cross several train lines, landscape is desert mountains.It remains me breaking bad when they assault the train.

waiting for MR White....

I though this is typical snake territory. Dry, hot and low altitude.  A few meters after I found a sunglasses and when I was distracted thinking it those SRSRSRSRSRSRSrSR  o shit , bad ass rattlesnake .surprise!!!! Less than 2 Meters. It's unbelievable the noise that they do. This freeze me for few minutes amd it when I start with the paranoid, washing snakes in every corner of the trail. 30 minutes after when I was recovering I just step by other snake that did not move ......a regular one......This valley is the San Andreas Fault, for me it is Snake Valley.




Snake valley ( San Andreas Fault )



After cross the San Andreas Fault the 15 miles  climb starts. Slowly slowly, the vegetation start to change. Around 19.00 I found a lonely spot by the trail. Good enough. Good night.









No comments:

Post a Comment