Tuesday 7 April 2015

Snoqualmie to Skykomish


Leaving Snoqualmie I was not sure if take a shorter detour that pass by a popular  hot spring or continue the PCT. A fellow hiker explain that next miles were the katwalk , hiker heaven and one of the best parts of the PCT. With this description I have not choice PCT route. It paid off, the trail it get into the crest of the mountain, leaving little space for error. Trail is cut just by the cliff, you can see  in the distance Mt rainier. I decided to camp earlier as I found an spot with grate views.






The place was super windy so I started to build a wind cutter with rocks. A hiker arrived close to dark. it was rocket lama with her characteristic calm. rocket Lama is well know in the trail for her draws and her story of the early snow in 2014. I asked about that.....It is funny how calm she tell you all the details. we have dinner with this sunset over Rainier, have some whisky to prepare our self for a cold Night. It was actually the coolest night of the PCT, it was windy without tent, I couldn't sleep much. i was looking to Rocket Lama , she was sleeping ok......for me was impossible, not sure  if sleeping bag was not very floozy or what. Thanks I ordered some more layers for  the last part of Washington. I am getting worry, I am very cold some nights....


Prepared for wind cold night

This area is very beautiful.  Typical Washington. Most of the bridges has been was out but not difficult crossings. I try my first cascade picture  with a good result I believe, see below.



At lunch time I realize I lost my mach mix bag. Shit, most of the things are replaceable, but shit I have the passport..  Where I leave it? in the campsite or mid morning break.... All the way up back to campsite. I will have to exit of the trail to resupply, I am too short of food.......I need the passport. I started to walk  back and I found Rocket Lama, She was surprised to see me walking south. I asked her if she saw anything no....... A while after I saw Giant , I explain that I lost my passport. Wait a minute, I just found a hiker bag maybe is yours, THANKS my bag with all my stuff., lucky day, lost and found again. Second time I lost my passport in the PCT!!! lucky me.




To recover the mileage of the day I decided to night hike a little bit. It is always nice, I love it for 1 hour. Before in the dessert I used to be scare , but now I fell so comfortable, relax and enjoy. Camp at night have some dinner with some music  and warm up body with some bourbon. I camped in the side of the valley.


Next day I went down to the valley and to another climb I found a part of the Gypsy town, I had lunch with them and a few jumped in this clear lake. Clear and cold. I camped with them at night , we were a bunch of people by a small lake. Have some great story time. Last day was a little bit of climb and after the way down. I saw a group of LLamas , very cool and a naked hiker. In the distance you can see the sky lifts , the last push to the ridge and we were in Skykomish.

Swimming lake




I got a ride the back of a pick up track, here it is legal I believe. the destination is the Dinsmores  . It is a family that host hikers. I fell very welcome here. it was around 25 hikers. At this time we know each other. At night some music and drinks. I got my resupply box and merino Wool top for the cold Washington. Thanks Dinsmores for your support!!  Weather still good. I can not believe how many sunny days we are having. Everything going well , looks like I can finish this.




No comments:

Post a Comment