Thursday 26 February 2015

Ashland

Ashland was a realise after the road walk, especially when we discover by surprise that we don’t have to walk all the way up to town as the PCT cross the Highway south of Ashland. The main hostel was full so we have to go to a camping two miles of town. It is a spa – hippie camping. We refresh in the afternoon in the pool and head into town for the night. It seems like there was a kind of PCT conference in town because of the fires. We saw Rock ocean after a long time without know about him. I also saw at night Mr J T and Smiley , the two Israel guys, after months without see them and a few more people. Danger spoon also is back on the trail. All good news.




Something that surprise from Ashland is how many young people is asking for money in the street, not sure if is for drinks, for need or for what or if it is like this in the rest of the country. I learnt i knew expression “spear oner”.


Second day we move to the hostel, better location, I have to do all the tedious resupply for Oregon, 4 , 5 boxes, some in regular post and 1 by UPS, I am jealous of the people that have that angel that send boxes to them and don’t have to worry about. Sometimes your zero it is just work and work. I tidy up my bear; yes I think I will keep it. Fix some gear problems, new platypus bottle and new tips for the trekking poles as I cannot set the tarptent properly plus new cascadia, don't like much the color, but cheap.




The night before depart, we went out 3D, danger, CJ, Gigant, Ashland has almost two microbreweries, perfect place to start, went to a mini club. We have a really good night we finished in one gypsy concert and at this point there is not more gypsy than us......Back on the hostel I found a mantis religious in my neck....Ready to be back on the trail.




My plan is to do Oregon in around 18 days, an average of 25 miles a day. Nothing crazy here. It supposes to be much flatter. People do here over the 30. With all the push that I did in northern California I start to be back on target to be able to finish around the end of September, but not yet.  Now I am completely refuelled, rested and with the next 456 miles shorted of resupplies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment