Monday 2 March 2015

Oregon part 1

What can I say.........Oregon has been 18 days of rollercoaster. I went back to the trail after the tidius road walk and I fell the trail different, different plants, different feeling. It was nice to come back into a soft path and see the deers just walking around. The first day rained, walking in the wood with some showers, from ridge to ridge.





There were some small fires around because of the storms, one just by the trail, after started to rain and after to hail. I was in the 12th of August training to get cover under a tree because is hailing? how is going to  be at the end of September, Winter is coming....definitely

Reaching the first resupply , Mazama campground, I meet many hikers and I had a kind of nero, it is nice to chill out after a few days in the woods, we got some beers and we sat by the fire. In the morning with the hung-over I did the climb up to the Crater Lake. This is a National Park, it is a Volcano inside another Volcano. I always thought that it was a meteoritic who form the lake but not, it is a Volcano. A volcano collapsed and another volcano raised inside......The place is really worthy.



the watchman

I did the beautiful   trail around the lake and went up to the watchman with the full resupply and 5 litres of water. Oregon is volcanic and quite dry in some areas , this is a 26 miles stretch without water. From the top the view is unbelievable; you can see your next picks, especially Mt Thielsen, that looks like the sierras.



mt thielsen
I am doing 25 miles days and I have been attack by a dog not lease it. I took a shortcut by the sky lakes I think is call, I reached Shelter cover resort doing a few hours miles at night. I am doing some night hiking just for fun; to break the routine also back into cowboy camping as there is not mosquitos.

Shelter cover is a a little bit more posh that other camping. It is for fishermen, so probably more money. After resupply the PCT goes throw woods and pretty lakes, after we got into the 3 sister wilderness, one of my favourite areas. Three very distinctive volcanos in line. One night I sleep between some trees, I dense fog came down from the mountain. I think the tree branches protected me from this humidity. Cold nights over here.


3 sisters

To exit the 3 sister you have to cross some lava fields that are quite hard for legs, many sharp rocks in the trail. I approached to the Youth Campground during sunset, crossing some lava fields, some burned areas and I continue in the dark. I realise that head light not working properly, not batteries so I had to camp before the youth camping.

3 finger,  jefferson

Next morning was just going down and cross the mile 2000!!! 2000! That is 3200 km. To celebrate it have some breakfast in the youth Hostel. There I never had such a horrible breakfast. Now I understand the problem of America and the food and the fat people. How can they give that shit to the kids......? Lunch was the same shit. No alcohol in this place. They have an area just for PCT hikers, like chill out room. Everything from free: Laundry, food, shower, resupply box....... Here I met Big daddy, Hot legs and family, whisky and a few more..........

No comments:

Post a Comment