Tuesday 10 June 2014

Around the Green Valley , mile 460

Easy start to avoid the heat. On the way up I found a couple going down , the way was carrying 2 packs because the other hikers did not fell good , look to me like food poisoning. I offered to to stay looking for the bags but they were ok. At this time Hatchi already overtook me and he was on top of the hill having breakfast.




I push down until 12.30 and found a perfect spot for a Siesta. I slept over 3 hours as did not slept much last night with the night hiking and the early start. When I reached the Andersons water cache I met Sunny. He camped half way of the way up to the next summit, I continue , I wanted to camp in the top of the mountain as regularly there are some good areas to camp in the ridges and Bingo!!! Very lucky . I set camp in the dark and prepare dinner. I heard some screams , I recognize the voice , was Microwave doing night hike . I have dinner with them and after sleep. nearly all the hikers are switching to night hike as it is the hottest part of the trail. People struggling  with the heat and you consume more water. The sun drain your energy. I am 50 % 50 %. I do sun set and dawn and I sleep during the hottest hours. I find to difficult to  full switch to night and I will miss many nice views. Dawn is the best, the best pictures the best lights!!










No comments:

Post a Comment