Tuesday 3 June 2014

getting back into the desert!

I opened an eye at 5.00 and wow, super sun rise, it is nice to cowboy camping and wake up like that.





 I did alone the first miles . I just reaching back the desert. Pines changes for low bushes. Heat rise. I had 10 miles to go to the next water supply in a ranger fire station. Around 11 am I start not to fill very good. I did not sleep much not much food and not much water . I push half an hour , I arrive little tipsy. Too hot. All the hikers were there having lunch and sleeping. They told me that during the night some deers were crossing the campground I rested until afternoon and I started the hike up with black swam. He and me had problems with the knees so we go slowly . 


taking a  break during dog puddle bush detour

Some walk road. The last part was terrible climb but on the top we were rewarded with a super sun set. The way down was in the dark. Lamps on !! It was quire difficult to find the spots in the dark. I found funny when there are several hikers at night walking in the forest ....We finally found a decent place. Ziana, Back swam, Papaya, Tinman, Girly girl and me had dinner and time to sleep. Knee are hurting when we go down in genereal but they survive. I am having a lot of fun with this guys hiking those last days. Probably I will stick with them if the keep a similar pace.





No comments:

Post a Comment