Sunday 18 May 2014

Healing in Big Bear

The staff have been really friendly from the check -in in the hostel. The staff are not trail angels as they area business but for me they are real trail angels. Sarge and Chris, the owners knows the needs of a PCT hiker. I decided to satay here to heal my knee.  In the hostel stay the classics. I got the story from Chivi  with the snowstorm and just with a piece of Tyveck as a protection. I went for dinner to get a super burger. I met spirit, a woman that after 6 attempts of the AT she was able to finish. She is a example of perseverance. We had some beers and story time at the hostel.

Next I use it for logistics. I did a shake down of my pack. I lost half Kilo. I sent the snow axe and some clothes to Kennedy meadows. Clean down, reorganize the pack and get supplies for 5 days. I did a a random count and I average 3500 calories a day. Not enough. Losing belly.   I I should get a little more. I got gas. ready for tomorrow. I repeat , staff super cool. we got some rides to supermarket.







No comments:

Post a Comment