Wednesday 14 May 2014

San Jacinto- the way up

I was quite lucky to get a ride into the trail in the morning. A group of armenian , around 15 picked me up.  I have food for 5 days, crazy amount. the name of the trail : the devil trail.....with all the load and the air getting thinner and thinner with the altitude it was quite hard job reach the top of San Jacinto peak 3300 metres ! It was Sunday so plenty of day hikers with their small packs. Myself with the full gear for 100 miles.... they must think this guy is crazy. Getting in the top there were little snow around. It is weird to be in the "desert " at 3300 metres with snow... great views of the desert in the bottom with the wind farms 



In the top I found some more PCT hikers. I had lunch and 1 hour nap in the peak and after I starter the way down to the PCT with Water Bed . We got the 7 L of water for this Stretch. I think 20 miles. I did the Fuller ridge and we loss some altitude to get a warmer night before camp. We just did 13 miles but happy with that. For dinner I prepared noddles with dehydrated mushroom plus Parmesan, getting into the trail Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment