Thursday 8 May 2014

Warmer Spring to Idillwild

hahaha so lucky I am , they brought the poles . I got them at 8.00 am and straight in the trail. The day started quite flat , nice , between oaks trees , after goes into a canyon with a small flowing creek. At midday started the heat and the climb. Miles and miles, I found a guy that run out of water , I gave him a liter, 7 more miles without water.....





At the top of the ridge there are a trial angel ranch. They offer beer, soft drinks, ice-cream and water. They just accept donations, nice place. I keep hiking for a couple of hours. I was exhaust. It was night when I don't know how I found a small camp space. Thanks god! I collapsed.

By the way. I found what I believe is a baby rattle snake:




Next day another 21 miles of pure heat in the dessert. there were quite a lot of people so we stop all together under the trees to rest and have small siestas. After all the miles you arrive to paradise cafĂ©. It is a restaurant very popular in the trail as it is very close from it. The classic are the burgers. American super size is the standard. I was in the terrace dinning with a few more hikers. It was a spectacle to watch arrive  the hikers after 25 miles stretches throw the heat. We just look like Zombies completely dehydrated. Waiters in this place must been seen everything arriving from the door.




I got a ride up to Hidillwild as there are a 20 miles stretch that is close for fire. A local surfer picked me up and brought me to the campground. I took my bag and   say thank you. Ones the driver left I just say SHIT !!! the poles again!! what a retard I am, again !!!!! how can be possible. Water bed was there and he knew all my story and trail name.....He couldn't believe it. I forget twice my poles in two different cars in less than 3 days...... 



I asked to water bed for a pole as I need one to set my tarptent. I said hopefully he realize he was my poles and he bring them back. Next day I did logistics all morning, nice breakfast with colleges and at lunch I found waterbed in the pizza restaurant. He said , one guy just saw up with your poles asking for a Spanish guy. So lucky you are. Water bed from Israel: In my country we said that   you have more luck than brains....



Correct , lucky lucky!!!! The trail provide!! Mile around 160. Tomorrow 5 days trip up to big bear city. Mix of mountain 3000 m altitude and dry valleys with 20 miles not water. looking forwards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment