Thursday 15 May 2014

San Bernardino . mile 232

I woke up in Ziggy and the Bear and the breakfast was ready. fresh milk!! It makes the difference. I did not wait for anyone , I just start walking . The trail goes into a wind farm where i found Jeremy, a ultra hiker, an average of 30 miles a day. we were going to drink from a tap when the operators come running saying that the water has uranium. They gave us some bottles of Waters. Much appreciated.  After 6 miles the trail arrives into a big valley with a river in the middle. Perfect place for lunch.




The trail goes up to a  very windy ridge, nearly to take off. On the way down another canyon with a creek with some good tent spots. i did siesta with some hikers and after I keep the the way up. today I did 22 miles. I tried to get into the 25 but my knee was already complaining so I had to stop.

I little bit bored now as I set camp, cooked dinner no one else had showed up . It is 19.00 and after a ibuprofen and paracetamol it's time to sleep. Tomorrow i should do 24 miles. it could be tricky for the altitude  and also there are an stretch of 16 miles without water.

1 comment:

  1. FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS PASPALLÁN
    ADIVINAS WHO I AM
    IF NOT FELICIDADES DE TUS PRIMAS TAMBIEN

    ReplyDelete